The File Manager
IN THIS ARTICLE
|Quick Guide to The File Manager||How to upload a file to the File Manager||How to attach a file to an email|
The File Manager gives you the ability to upload, manage and categorize images and documents that you in turn can use in your email Templates.
You can access the File Manager when editing any Template, or if your visit the Templates area there is a button to open it towards the top of the page.
Quick Guide to The File Manager
- Close - Close the file manager
- Toggle between your uploaded images, and the various free art collections we have integrated with.
- Upload Image - Click this to upload a new image. Images can be JPG,PNG or GIF and must be no larger than 10mb in size.
- Add a new Folder - Click this to add a new folder which you can use to catagorize your images.
- Click on the images to edit, delete or select them.
- Toggle between a grid or list view.
How to upload a file to the File Manager
When sending an email you might want to include a downloadable file. Instead of attaching the file like you would in a normal email, Transpond will host the file for you and let your customers download it. This way you can have a visible call to action in your email to encourage your contacts to download the file, and you save having to take up precious storage space in their' mailboxes.
The first thing you want to do is upload the file to the Transpond File Manager. To do that:
- Go to Templates and then click on the File Manager button.
- From there, choose a folder that you want the file to be in and then click the button to Upload File.
- Choose the file and upload it.
- Now you can close the File Manager and the file will be ready for us in your next email template.
How to attach a file to an email
Now that you're ready to use your file in an email, here's how to:
- When editing your email template, drag a Button into the template. This is what your contacts will click on to download the file.
- Once the button is added, click on it to view the options for it. At this point you can choose how you want it to be designed etc - but we're going to focus on how to make it lead to the file.
- Click into the Link field
- At this point you'll see some link options. Switch the Link Type to File
- Use the button to Pick a File and select the file you want to use . At this point you also have the option to upload a new file.
- Select the file, Save and you're all set.
Now when your contacts click on that button, they'll be taken directly to a file download page to download the file.